Deadline Extended for Election Compliance Audit Committee Applications
Jul 26, 2018
The deadline for applications to serve on the Election Compliance Audit Committee has been extended to Friday, August 10, 2018 at 2 p.m.
The committee is responsible for considering applications for compliance audits related to municipal and school board elections.
A per diem of $200 will be paid for attendance at each meeting. Meetings are held during business hours with the number and duration of meetings dependent upon the nature of the audit requests received. The term of the Election Compliance Audit Committee is from December 1, 2018, to November 30, 2022.
The City is seeking individuals who have:
- Demonstrated experience in receiving and understanding financial information, preferably with knowledge and understanding of municipal election campaign financing rules;
- Experience working in a profession that imposes professional standards on its members, where breach of those standards may lead to discipline;
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills;
- Experience working on a committee, task force, tribunal, disciplinary panel or similar body; and
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
For application forms, terms of reference and the primary objectives of the committee, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/elections or contact Clerk’s Services at 705-674-4455, extension 4209.