Join a Local Board, Committee or Advisory Panel
The City of Greater Sudbury benefits greatly from the involvement and engagement of residents who provide valuable insight into the programs and services that the City provides.
The local boards, committees and advisory panels listed below are looking for new membership:
- Accessibility Advisory Panel
- Bell Park Advisory Panel
- Population Health, Safety and Well-Being Advisory Panel
- Municipal Heritage Advisory Panel
- Public Art Advisory Panel
- Seniors Advisory Panel
- Solid Waste Advisory Panel
- Watershed Advisory Panel
Local Boards and Committees
- Board of Health for Public Health Sudbury and Districts
- Committee of Adjustment/Sign Variance Committee
- Conservation Sudbury General Board
- Greater Sudbury Police Services Board
- Greater Sudbury Public Library Board
- Greater Sudbury Utilities Inc./Greater Sudbury Hydro Inc.
The term of each Board, Committee and Panel will coincide with the term of Council or until their specified mandate is completed or otherwise indicated.
Learn more about your local boards, committees and advisory panels by joining us at the Board and Advisory Panel Fair!
Date: January 15, 2019
Time: 2 to 4 p.m.
Location: Tom Davies Square, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury.
- Rooms C-13A and C-13B: Local Boards, Committees and Legislative Appointments
- Room C-10: Advisory Panels
How to Apply
You must be at least 18 years old unless indicated otherwise. Please complete a separate application form for each board, committee, legislative appointment or advisory panel you are interested in.
To apply for a local board/committee/legislative appointment:
- Complete the Citizen Appointments Application Form (PDF 67.5 KB)
To apply for an advisory panel:
- Complete the Advisory Panel Application Form (PDF, 76.5 KB)
Submit Your Application
By email: email@example.com
By fax: 705-671-8118
In person: City Clerk’s Office, 200 Brady St., 2nd Floor, Tom Davies Square, Sudbury ON
By mail: City of Greater Sudbury
PO Box 500, Stn A
Sudbury, ON P3A 5P3
Application forms are also available at your nearest Citizen Service Centre or by calling 674-4455, extension 4209.
- January 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
- The City Clerk's Office will include all applications, except those received for Greater Sudbury Utilities Inc. and Greater Sudbury Hydro Inc., on the Nominating Committee agenda for February 5, 2019.
- City Council will ratify the appointments at its next regular meeting.
- We will send a letter to applicants who have been appointed to a board/committee to inform them of Council's decision.
Selection Process for Greater Sudbury Utilities Inc. and Greater Sudbury Hydro Inc.
- Applications will be forwarded to the Greater Sudbury Utilities Inc. Board Secretary.
- The Board Secretary will forward all applications to the Nominating Committee, consisting of the Mayor or designate and two members of City Council serving on the Boards.
- Recommendations of the Greater Sudbury Utilities Inc. and Greater Sudbury Hydro Inc. Nominating Committees will be forwarded to City Council for ratification.
Appointments by City of Greater Sudbury Council are based on equal opportunity and are reflective of the demographic and geographical makeup of the City of Greater Sudbury.
Your personal information will be used to process your application for a citizen appointment in accordance with section 10 of the Municipal Act, 2001. Your personal information may be disclosed in a public forum for the purpose of the City's appointment process.
For more information contact Clerk’s Services at 705-674-4455, extension 4209, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Box 5000, Stn A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury ON, P3A 5P3.