The conservation of Greater Sudbury’s heritage resources helps improve the quality of our city. These valuable cultural assets:
- strengthen the City’s identity and appeal
- instill a sense of pride in local citizens and
- attract the interest of visitors
Heritage buildings also improve and enhance the appearance of our urban environment.
City of Greater Sudbury Heritage Register
The City of Greater Sudbury’s Heritage Register includes properties that are either designated or listed heritage sites under the Ontario Heritage Act. These sites have special protections when it comes to development.
Add a Listed Property to the Heritage Register
Council must approve the addition of any cultural heritage properties that have not been designated (listed sites) to the heritage register. Council must consult with the Municipal Heritage Committee before a non-designated (listed) property is added to or removed from the register.
To begin the process to list a property:
- Complete the Municipal Heritage Register Application Form (PDF, 175 KB)
- Submit it to Ed Landry, Senior Planner: email@example.com