Frequently Asked Questions
- The elevator is located on the south-east corner (Minto street) for persons with disabilities requiring assistance to access upper-level seating.
- Wheelchair, non-ambulatory or ambulatory-restricted patrons may wish to purchase their ticket in the designated wheelchair-accessible seating areas of the arena. The number of seats available and their locations may differ based on the event and the event set up. Please inquire at time of ticket purchase.
- One companion seat may be purchased to accompany a guest in a designated wheelchair-accessible seat. When all available wheelchair-accessible seating is sold out, we are unable to accommodate further guests seeking wheelchair-accessible seating.
- Wheelchair seating is reserved and must be purchased through the main box office.
- For information on local accommodations visit Sudbury Tourism.
- The Sudbury Wolves offer a number of excellent advertising opportunities within the Sudbury Community Arena including rinkboards, railboards, back-lit signs, videoboard, corporate sponsorship and much more! For more information, contact Vince Fortunato at 705-675-3941, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patrons must be 19 years of age or older to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages. The Concession Operator reserves the right to request identification at the time of purchase from all patrons who appear to be 30 years of age or under. The Sudbury Community Arena reserves the right to eject anyone under the legal drinking age who is consuming alcohol.
- Animals are not permitted in the arena with the exception of guide, sign and signal dogs to persons with disabilities. Some events include animals as part of the act and those animals are permitted within the arena. If attending an event with a service animal and an aisle seat is required, please notify the Sudbury Community Arena Box Office at the time of purchase.
- One ATM machine is located on the west end of the main lobby near the VIP Lounge. Another ATM is located near the doors that open onto Minto/Brady streets.
- For security reasons backpacks and duffle bags are not permitted in the arena. Staff is not permitted to assume responsibility or store personal belongings. Any personal property left unattended will be immediately removed.
Banners, Flags and Signs
- Banners, flags and signs are permitted at games and events provided they are not larger than 24 inches x 24 inches and do not interfere with the event or other patrons’ enjoyment of the event. The arena reserves the right to remove any sign deemed to be inappropriate.
- Individual events may revoke this policy without prior notification.
- Banners, flags and signs cannot be affixed to any part of the arena building.
- Poles, sticks or any other object to display banners, flags and signs are not permitted.
- You can bring a pair of binoculars to enhance overall experience.
Cameras and Cell Phones
- Video, audio and recording devices (including professional cameras, tablets and/or Ipads) may be prohibited. Cellular phones are permitted in the arena provided they do not interfere with other patrons’ enjoyment of the event.
- Baby changing stations are located in all three washrooms located on the south side of the arena (men's, ladies and family washrooms).
Child Ticket Policy
- Children two years and under do not require a ticket to most events provided that they sit on the lap of an adult throughout the entire event. This policy varies by event, so please inquire at time of ticket purchase.
- Complaints regarding services provided to patrons during an event or hockey game should be directed to the Box Office located in the main lobby. Staff will use all reasonable efforts to resolve complaints. If an event has passed and patrons wish to provide feedback or have any questions or concerns, please submit an email to email@example.com or call 705-671-3000.
- The Sudbury Community Arena has several concession stands located throughout the building operated by the Sudbury Wolves Hockey Club. No outside food or beverages are permitted. The Sudbury Community Arena is a nut-free facility. Please note that the concession stands are cash only.
- Doors typically open one hour prior to the start of a hockey game or special event.
When you leave the Sudbury Community Arena during an event, there is no re-entry permitted unless another ticket is purchased or under the following exceptions:
- Guests with medical or emergency situations may be permitted re-entry. Please see Sudbury Community Arena host staff for assistance.
These measures have been put in place for a safe, positive experience for all guests attending Sudbury Community Arena events.
- See the City of Greater Sudbury's Current Employment Opportunities webpage.
Patrons entering the arena may be subject to a visual or pat-down search as well as a bag check. Arena management may refuse admission to patrons who refuse inspection or for the following:
- Impairment related to alcohol and drug consumption
- Possession of alcohol, drugs or items deemed to be weapons
- Abusive behaviour or language
- Possession of inappropriately obtained tickets
- Possession of outside food or beverages
- Seating in Section 9 is alcohol-free for Ontario Hockey League games. The family washroom is located in the lower concourse near the south-west corner.
Fan courtesy is an important element of everyone’s enjoyment at any game or event. We ask that all patrons adhere to the City’s Code of Conduct policy We are committed to providing a family-oriented, enjoyable and safe experience for everyone visiting our facility.
In the event that your experience is being disrupted by others, please notify the nearest arena host staff member. We will respond promptly to the situation. Unacceptable behaviour includes the following:
- Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Taunting or using offensive language against the players, referees or performers
- Fighting or making threatening remarks or gestures to other patrons or staff
- Disruption of the game or event including throwing objects onto the ice or in the stands, or trespassing into restricted areas
- Indecent messages on signs or clothing
- Intoxication or impairment related to alcohol or consumption of illegal substances
- Being a minor in possession of alcohol or providing a minor with alcohol
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes and personal vaporizers) inside the arena
- Use of compressed gas air horns or other noisemakers
- Any other conduct deemed by the City to be inappropriate to the peace and good order of events or which may adversely affect the safety of persons or property
- The above actions may result in ejection from the building. Ejected patrons will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
- Emergency medical service attendants are available at all events at the arena. If you are in need of medical attention, please immediately notify an arena employee.
Food, Beverage and Food Allergies
- Outside food and beverages of any kind are prohibited from being brought into the Sudbury Community Arena. Concession stands provide a variety of food and beverage options (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
- Please contact the Box Office to inquire about exceptions to the outside food and beverage policy.
- The Sudbury Community Arena is a peanut-free building.
- Host staff is available to assist with lost persons, seating issues and general questions.
Lost and Found
- Items found before, during or after an event should be taken to the Box Office located in the main lobby. Lost and found items are kept for thirty days and then either disposed of or donated to an appropriate charity. To find out about lost items, please call the Box Office at 705-671-3000.
Lost, Stolen or Borrowed Tickets
- Please contact the Sudbury Community Arena Box Office at 705-671-3000 regarding lost or stolen items.
- Season Ticket Holders are responsible for the actions of others who use their tickets.For more information read our Ticket Policy.
- During special events at the Sudbury Community Arena, a $5 charge is applicable at city-owned parking lots located at Minto/Brady Streets, Shaughnessy/Brady Streets, Tom Davies Square (underground) and Elgin Street. Parking is free of charge on weekends and after 6 p.m. at Beech Street, Energy Court and Larch Street lots and in the metered parking areas.
- Free parking is available on weekends and after 6 p.m., except where noted under Special Events. Overnight parking is not permitted.
- Outside food and beverages
- Outside alcohol and illegal substances
- Food or beverage containers (including coolers, cans, bottles, thermoses)
- Air horns or any assisted noisemaker
- Laser pointers or pens
- Poles or sticks (including selfie sticks)
- Weapons of any kind
- Spiked or studded jewelry or belts, wallet chains
- Roller shoes, inline skates and skateboards
- Video or recording devices as per event restrictions
- Any other items deemed unacceptable by the Sudbury Community Arena Staff or designates. Patrons found in possession of a prohibited item will be asked to remove and dispose of the item. Patrons who refuse to comply will be asked to leave.
- Pucks, sticks and other objects will sometimes leave the ice surface and land in the seating area. Risk of injury is greatly increased by those who are not aware of the play in progress. Ontario Hockey League rules prohibit patrons from interfering with play in any way.You are urged to be alert and follow the play and the puck at all times. If you require First Aid assistance, contact arena host staff and report the incident. Fans are welcome to keep pucks that are shot into the stands.
- All patrons are required to sit in the assigned seats as indicated on their valid event ticket. If you have an issue with your seat, please inform our Box Office staff to help rectify the problem.
- The Sudbury Community Arena is 100% smoke free. Smoking, e-cigarettes and personal vaporizers are strictly prohibited inside the arena and violators will be asked to leave.
- For your safety, strollers are not permitted inside the arena.
Sudbury Wolves Hockey Club and Merchandise
- For more information, visit our The Sudbury Wolves Hockey Club website.
- The official merchandise store is located on the south side of the lower concourse.
- For more information about purchasing or renting a suite, please contact the Sudbury Wolves Hockey Club at 705-675-3941.
- For more information please see our Ticket Policy.
Walking for Exercise
- For your safety, walking for exercise/doing laps is not permitted in the arena. These measures have been put in place due to maintenance operations.
- As a courtesy to fellow patrons during sporting events, patrons should wait for a stoppage in play before entering the stairway to arrive/return to their seats.