Rentals and Special Events
COVID-19 Update, March 26, 2020, 3:17 p.m.
If you registered for a municipal leisure or recreational program, lesson or facility rental that has been postponed or cancelled, you will be contacted by Friday, March 27 to process or discuss your refund. If we have not contacted you by March 27, call 705-674-4455, extension 2446.
- All City-run camps and recreation programs, including the remainder of March Break activities, are suspended.
- Parks facilities, including fieldhouses, community spaces and Youth Centres are closed.
- Arenas are closed.
- All events at the Sudbury Community Arena are cancelled.
- Rentals at all community halls and community centres, including the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre, are suspended. No new rentals will be accepted until after April 5, 2020.
- Fitness centres are closed.
- Ski hills are closed, and all scheduled programs are suspended.
- Pools are closed, and all scheduled programs are suspended.
- Museums are closed.
- Ramsey Lake Skating Path, Queen’s Athletic Skating Oval and outdoor rinks are closed for the season.
The above changes take effect upon the closing of municipal facilities on Monday, March 16, and will be in effect until April 5, 2020. The City is closely monitoring local COVID-19 developments and will re-evaluate City service and program changes as needed.
Rent the Sudbury Community Arena
From big name concerts to community activities, the Sudbury Community Arena is ready to host your next event!
Our facility seats approximately 5,000, and has all the amenities you need to host a successful event! Our features include concession, a bar area, a fully automated box office, air conditioning, wheelchair accessibility, and much more.
Let us help you host your next event at the Sudbury Community Arena! Contact us.
The Sudbury Community Arena has the capability of covering the ice with decking to allow events taking place during ice-in season (September 1 through March 31). Learn more about rentals.
For year-round floor rentals at the Sudbury Community Arena call the Manager of Arenas at 705-674-4455, extension 3434.
Ice Rental information
- Ice surface: 85 feet by 200 feet.
- Seating capacity: 4,460
- Standing room capacity: 500 (varies with setup)
- Floor capacity: 1,400 (varies with setup)
- Six dressing rooms
- Two alternate dressing rooms
Ice Rental Fees
- Monday to Friday: before 9:30 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: before 7 a.m. and after 8 a.m.
- Monday to Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Last Minute Bookings
Applicable during Prime Time hours and if you book five days or less prior to your ice time.
|Age||Type of Booking||Hourly Fee|
There’s a new way to register for leisure programs or book a facility. It’s easy to create an account! If you need help getting started, click here for our Frequently Asked Questions.
The French interface of our new registration system is still under development, however it is important that the City goes live with the new system as the existing registration and facility booking system is no longer supported by the vendor. Residents can still receive this service in French by calling 311 to have a French-speaking operator process bookings or registrations. The French interface will be launched in time for the fall/winter registration period.