Traffic Update and Water Service Information - July 18, 2014
Jul 18, 2014
Big Nickel Road will be closed Tuesday, July 22 from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. for the Big Nickel 50th Anniversary Celebration fireworks display.
Lasalle and Barry Downe: Intermittent lane closures from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. will continue on Lasalle Boulevard from the Shell gas station to A&W, and on Barry Down Road from Sparks Street to Shoppers Drug Mart, into next week and is expected to be completed by July 23, 2014 weather permitting.
MR80 and MR15: Sanity sewer upgrades, new curbs and new sidewalks will cause reductions in traffic lanes in the area of Highway 69 North (MR80) and Main Street (MR15) to Cecile Street in Val Caron.
A reduction in lanes will be necessary until work wraps up at the end of October, 2014.
• Reconstruction of the roadway at the intersection, including new pavement, granulars, sidewalk, and curbs;
• Intersection widening with additional turn lanes and through lanes;
• New traffic signals at intersection of MR80 and MR15;
• New curbs and a new sidewalk on the east side of MR80 from MR15 to Cecile Street;
• Road rehabilitation including new surface asphalt on MR80 from the intersection of MR15 to Cecile Street;
• Utility relocation, including poles and streetlights;
• Storm sewer upgrades throughout.