Coming December 6 & 7 to Greater Sudbury: A Celebration of “The Game” with Rogers Hometown Hockey and Ron MacLean
Sep 10, 2014
The City of Greater Sudbury is one of 25 communities across Canada to be chosen for the inaugural Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge. The weekend event features free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating with an outdoor viewing party of Vancouver at Ottawa on Sunday, December 7, hosted live by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
“Hockey is important to Greater Sudbury and this is fantastic news for fans of all ages,” said Greater Sudbury Mayor Marianne Matichuk. “We are one of only two cities in Northern Ontario to be chosen, so we’re looking forward to showing the country our great community spirit.”
The City of Greater Sudbury and local partners, including the Sudbury Wolves, are working closely with the Rogers Hometown Hockey team to deliver a jam-packed weekend of interactive games, activities and entertainment for the whole family. Locations and times of the following events will be announced closer to the date.
- Meet and greet with NHL Alumni, local hockey heroes and celebrities,
- Family outdoor viewing parties on both Saturday (Hockey Night in Canada) and Sunday (Rogers Hometown Hockey),
- KidsZone filled with hockey-themed games and activities for all ages,
- Interactive experiences inside the Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE Tech Truck,
- Skills and drills competitions,
- Winter Market showcasing local culinary culture and hometown food trucks,
- Local bands and entertainment from main stage throughout the weekend,
- Ticket and merchandise giveaways,
- Other onsite participation from Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour partners: Scotiabank, Dodge, Samsung, XBOX and McDonald’s.
Each Sunday, City television will air a half-hour pre-game show hosted by Ron MacLean live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio, leading into the NHL game broadcast. MacLean, along with other Sportsnet personalities, will also make appearances during the intermission and post-game show. The broadcast will include interviews with celebrities, NHL alumni and special guests with connections to the host community.
For more information, please visit the Rogers Hometown Hockey official website at www.hometownhockey.com