Returning for Summer Employment
If you were a summer employee last summer and want to work with us again this summer, read the information below to see what you need to do:
Work in the same position you did last summer
- If you are eligible for re-hire and want to work in the same position as last summer, you do not need to submit an application form.
- Your previous supervisor should contact you by January 4 about summer employment.
- If you have not been contacted by your previous supervisor by mid-February, please contact the department you worked for or the Human Resources and Organizational Development division at 705-674-4455, extension 4395, and let them know your availability before the summer employment program closing date.
Work in a new position
Please note this option is only available for those currently enrolled full-time or part-time in a secondary school (high school) or post-secondary institution (for example, college, university) during the school year in which they are applying for a summer job and intend on returning to school full-time or part-time at the end of the period of employment.
- If you are eligible for re-hire and want to switch positions to get a summer job that more closely matches your area of study at school, you must request a transfer by completing a Transfer Request Application Form. Please email your completed form to email@example.com.
- If you request a transfer, it must be received before the closing date of summer recruitment.
- If you choose to apply for a transfer and it is not approved or the department is unable to hire you, you will return to the list for the department in which you previously worked. If there are no jobs available in your previous department, you will be placed on the surplus list and will be given preference over new summer hires in other departments.
- If you are eligible for re-hire but want to work in a different position that does not match your area of study at school or if you are currently not enrolled in school and/or do not intend on returning to school at the end of the period of employment, you need to re-apply and submit a new application form before the closing date of summer recruitment.
- If you re-apply, you will be considered a new applicant and will not be given preference over other new applicants.