Dr. Edgar Leclair Community Centre and Arena
COVID Update September 8, 2020
Please Note: Public skating and City-organized shinny remain cancelled until further notice.
To help accommodate demand for summer and early fall ice use, the current schedule for reopening arenas is as follows:
- T.M. Davies Community Centre and Arena and Garson Community Centre – September 7
- Raymond Plourde Arena – September 14
- Chelmsford Arena – September 21
Visit www.greatersudbury.ca/leisure and use the online ice reservation system to book ice time.
Review the safety measures and guidelines at www.greatersudbury.ca/city-hall/news-and-public-notices/2020/covid-19-update-gerry-mccrory-countryside-sports-complex-sports-fields-set-to-reopen/
158 St. Agnes St.
Arena not open? Contact us.
Seasonal Hours: September through March
Hours are subject to change. Closing times may vary dependent on scheduling. Please contact the arena.
- Monday to Wednesday: open at 10 a.m.
- Thursday: open at 3 p.m.
- Friday: open at 10 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: open at 7 a.m.
Public Skating Schedule
- View our public skating schedule and fees.
Shinny Hockey Schedule
- View our shinny hockey schedule and fees.
- Ice surface: 85 feet by 190 feet
- Seating capacity: 616
- Viewing gallery capacity of 30 standing and 16 chairs
- Floor capacity: 1,100
- Five dressing rooms
- One alternate dressing room
Ice Rental Fees
- Monday to Friday: before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: before 7 a.m. and after 8 a.m.
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Last Minute Bookings
Applicable during Prime Time hours and if you book five days or less prior to your ice time.
|Age||Type of Booking||Hourly Fee|
- Call 311 (local) or 705-671-2489 (long distance)
- Call our Arenas Administration Office at 705-674-4455, extension 3450
- Email email@example.com
There’s a new way to register for leisure programs or book a facility. It’s easy to create an account! If you need help getting started, click here for our Frequently Asked Questions.
The French interface of our new registration system is still under development, however it is important that the City goes live with the new system as the existing registration and facility booking system is no longer supported by the vendor. Residents can still receive this service in French by calling 311 to have a French-speaking operator process bookings or registrations. The French interface will be launched in time for the fall/winter registration period.