Chelmsford Community Centre and Arena
COVID Update October 1, 2020
Please note: Public skating, power skating, and City-organized shinny programs remain cancelled until further notice.
Arena specific information on hours of operations and how to book are listed below.
Visit www.greatersudbury.ca/leisure and use the online ice reservation system to book ice time.
Review the Arena Safety Guidelines.
215 Edward Ave.
Arena not open? Contact us.
Seasonal Hours: October 5 2020 through to March 2021
Hours are subject to change. Closing times may vary depending on scheduling. Please contact the arena.
- Monday to Wednesday: open at 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: open at 7:00 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: open at 7:00 a.m.
Public Skating Schedule
- Public Skating is not available at this time.
Shinny Hockey Schedule
- Shinny Hockey is not available at this time.
- Ice surface: 85 feet by 185 feet
- Seating capacity: 260
- Standing room capacity: 200
- Floor capacity: 1,200
- Seven dressing rooms
- One alternate dressing room
Ice Rental Fees
- Monday to Friday: before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: before 7 a.m. and after 8 a.m.
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Last Minute Bookings
Applicable during Prime Time hours and if you book five days or less prior to your ice time.
|Age||Type of Booking||Hourly Fee|
- NEW! Check ice availability and Book online via a Leisure Services Account
- Call our Arenas Administration Office at 705-674-4455, extension 3450
- Call our 311 (local) or 705-671-2489 (long distance)
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
The Indoor Walking Program is not available at this time.
There’s a new way to register for leisure programs or book a facility. It’s easy to create an account! If you need help getting started, click here for our Frequently Asked Questions.
The French interface of our new registration system is still under development, however it is important that the City goes live with the new system as the existing registration and facility booking system is no longer supported by the vendor. Residents can still receive this service in French by calling 311 to have a French-speaking operator process bookings or registrations. The French interface will be launched in time for the fall/winter registration period.