COVID-19 Update – January 5, 2022
Arenas will be closed and all ice bookings and public skating programs will be cancelled until January 27. New January dates are not being booked at this time.
• User groups – staff are reviewing and adjusting ice booking contracts to reflect these cancellations, and details will be emailed once changes are complete. If you paid for ice within this timeframe, a credit will be applied to your account for future bookings.
• Individual/family skate – a full refund will be issued to the credit card on the account. Those who booked ice with a different method of payment (e.g. debit, cash or cheque) are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All existing registrations for Parents & Tots, Adults, or All Ages Public Skating have been cancelled.
Carmichael Arena, Azilda Arena and Garson Arena remain in use as vaccination clinics.
Please read the Arenas User Guidelines below for details.
795 Cambrian Heights Dr.
Arena not open? Contact us.
Seasonal hours: Open October 5, 2020 through to March 2021
Hours are subject to change. Closing times may vary dependent on scheduling. Please contact the arena.
- Monday to Wednesday: open at 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: open at 7:00 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: open at 7:00 a.m.
- The City of Greater Sudbury’s Power Skating program will not be offered this year. Through budget deliberations it was decided that some recreation programs would not be offered in 2021. We look forward to welcoming participants back to the Power Skating program in 2022.
Public Skating Schedule
Ice surface: 85 feet by 185 feet
- Seating capacity: 300
- Standing room capacity: 75
- Floor capacity: 1100
- Four dressing rooms
- One alternate dressing room
Ice Rental Fees
- Monday to Friday: before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: before 7 a.m. and after 8 a.m.
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Last Minute Bookings
Applicable during Prime Time hours and if you book five days or less prior to your ice time.
|Age||Type of Booking||Hourly Fee|
There’s a new way to register for leisure programs or book a facility. It’s easy to create an account! If you need help getting started, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
The French interface of our new registration system is still under development, however it is important that the City goes live with the new system as the existing registration and facility booking system is no longer supported by the vendor. Residents can still receive this service in French by calling 311 to have a French-speaking operator process bookings or registrations. The French interface will be launched in time for the fall/winter registration period.