Parking meter fees apply from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday. Evenings after 6 p.m. and weekends are free. No overnight parking is permitted.
Pay for Parking with Your Phone
It is now quick and easy to pay for metered parking using your mobile device and the HotSpot Parking app.
The app allows drivers to pay with a mobile device using their licence plate number, meter number and a credit card or visa debit.
For more information on how to use Hotspot Parking visit htsp.ca or signup by downloading the app from the app store.
Paying by coins at the meter is available and remains unchanged.
HotSpot Parking app users benefit from a number of features.
- New users receive 30 minutes of free parking upon signup.
- Users can top up parking remotely from a phone instead of needing to go back to the meter.
- If a user ends a parking session early, unused time will be refunded to their account and can be used for future parking sessions.
- The app automatically notifies users when their meter is close to expiring.
Support for the app is available by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-855-712-5888.
What to do if a parking meter is not working:
- Call 311 and ask for the parking department.
- Do not park at a broken meter. You will be ticketed.