Reaching Home Community Advisory Board
Reaching Home is a federally funded, community-based program aimed at preventing and reducing homelessness. The City of Greater Sudbury is a designated community who administers the federal funding, and a Community Advisory Board helps set direction for addressing homelessness in the community.
Mission of the Community Advisory Board
Implement the priorities established in the current Community Plan that address homelessness in the City of Greater Sudbury with the resources available from the Federal government’s Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive, review and recommend community projects for funding as identified in the Community Plan priorities and objective sections.
- Review quarterly the results of approved projects.
- Assist in ongoing review and planning to ensure supports are in place to address the needs of people experiencing homelessness in our community.
- Consult annually with persons who have experienced homelessness.
- Review and revise objectives as required.
- Actively participate in quarterly meetings.
Membership of the Committee will reflect the linguistic and cultural diversity of the community. The Committee is currently seeking a member from each of the following categories:
- members of the Indigenous community or Indigenous-led organizations
- representative of private and non-profit housing providers
- representative of agencies that provides services to vulnerable youth
- representative of agencies that provides services to veterans
- representative of agencies that provides services to newcomers
- representative from Health Sciences North
Applicants must reside in the City of Greater Sudbury, be a Canadian citizen, and be at least 18 years old.
Community Advisory Board members act as volunteers and receive no enumeration.
How to Apply
Complete the attached application form and submit with resume to:
Mail: Gail Spencer, Coordinator of Shelters and Homelessness, City of Greater Sudbury, P.O. Box 3700, Stn A, 199 Larch Street, Sudbury ON, P5A 5W5
Deliver: Gail Spencer, Coordinator of Shelters & Homelessness, City of Greater Sudbury, Provincial Tower, 9th Floor, 199 Larch Street, Sudbury, ON
All applications must be clearly labeled: Appointment to Reaching Home Community Advisory Board.
Federal and provincial government departments/ministries that provide resources for homelessness initiatives will be invited to recommend representatives for appointment to the Board.
Deadline for Applications
Extended to Friday, May 20, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact the City of Greater Sudbury Co-ordinator of Shelters and Homelessness at 705-674-4455 ext. 3805.