Household Hazardous Waste Depot
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is located at 1853 Frobisher St. (off Falconbridge Road).
2022 Dates and Hours
Open only on the following Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- January 8
- February 5
- March 12
- April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- May 7, 14, 21, 28
- June 11
- July 9
- August 13
- September 3, 10, 17, 24
- October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- November 12
- December 10
Items we accept
- medicines and sharps (syringes, needles and lancets)
- household and car batteries
- butane lighters and cylinders
- kerosene and gasoline
- vehicle fluids (windshield washer, motor oil, antifreeze, transmission and brake fluid)
- glues and cements
- paint materials (paints, thinners, turpentine, paint strippers, stains and preservatives)
- rust removers
- drain openers and oven cleaners
- fire extinguishers
- fertilizers, weed and bug killers
- propane tanks and cylinders
- pool chemicals
- fluorescent tubes and thermometers
If you don’t see your items in the list above please check our Waste Wise tool to find out how to dispose of your waste.
To reduce the need to bring common items to the Hazardous Waste Depot, check out some alternative cleaning products (PDF, 323 KB) you can make yourself.
Check out the Regeneration program for more locations to drop off paint.
Drop off instructions for household hazardous waste
- All waste must be clearly labelled and in sealed containers. Reusable containers will not be returned.
- Do not mix different products together.
- Syringes must be in a puncture-proof container.
Items we do not accept
- We do not accept commercial, industrial, institutional (includes non-profit), pathological, PCB, explosive, radioactive or unknown waste