Household Hazardous Waste Depot
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is located at 1853 Frobisher St. (off Falconbridge Road).
Dates and Hours
Open only on the following Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- January 14
- February 11
- March 11
- April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- May 6, 13, 20, 27
- June 10
- July 8
- August 12
- September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- October 7, 14, 21, 28
- November 11
- December 9
Items we accept
- medicines and sharps (syringes, needles and lancets)
- household and car batteries
- butane lighters and cylinders
- kerosene and gasoline
- vehicle fluids (windshield washer, motor oil, antifreeze, transmission and brake fluid)
- glues and cements
- paint materials (paints, thinners, turpentine, paint strippers, stains and preservatives)
- rust removers
- drain openers and oven cleaners
- fire extinguishers
- fertilizers, weed and bug killers
- propane tanks and cylinders
- pool chemicals
- fluorescent tubes and thermometers
If you don’t see your items in the list above please check our Waste Wizard tool to find out how to dispose of your waste.
To reduce the need to bring common items to the Hazardous Waste Depot, check out some alternative cleaning products (PDF, 43 KB) you can make yourself.
Check out the Orange Drop program for more locations to drop off antifreeze/coolant, empty oil containers, oil filters, single use batteries or pressurized cylinders
Drop off instructions for household hazardous waste
- All waste must be clearly labelled and in sealed containers. Reusable containers will not be returned.
- Do not mix different products together.
- Syringes must be in a puncture-proof container.
Items we do not accept
- We do not accept commercial, industrial, institutional, pathological, PCB, explosive, radioactive or unknown waste