COVID-19 Update, May 20, 2020, 1:30 p.m.
COVID-19 Permit Submission Process
Option 1 – To schedule an appointment for drop-off or for more information call 705-674-4455 ext 4278. Residents attending Tom Davies Square for appointments will be screened, as per Public Health guidelines.
Option 2 – Electronic Submission. Please fill out our Building Application Form. Please see the checklists to understand what type of documents you will need for your type of construction, this will also help with an electronic submission.
For more information visit
Most plumbing work requires a permit.
- Plumbing Permit Application (114 KB)
There is a minimum plumbing permit fee of $108 if not associated with a current building permit.
The following fees per fixture or item will be applied if associated with a current building permit:
- $4.70 per fixture (Bar Sink, Basin, Bath Tub, Bidet, Dishwasher, Laundry Tub, Shower, Sink, Toilet, Urinal, Automatic Washer, Drinking Fountain, Grease or Oil Interceptor, 3 Compartment Sink, Janitor Sink)
- $2.25 per item (Hot Water Tank, Rainwater Leader, Stacks)
- $2.20 per item (Floor Drain, Hub Drain, Indirect Drain)
- $6.45 per item (Backwater Valve, Building Drain, Domestic Sewage Pump)
A property owner can install his own plumbing provided that the installation is in a single family dwelling in which he or she resides.
A Licensed Plumber must be hired to do the plumbing work for buildings listed outside of the afore mentioned.