Most plumbing work requires a permit.
- Plumbing Permit Application (114 KB)
There is a minimum plumbing permit fee of $108 if not associated with a current building permit.
The following fees per fixture or item will be applied if associated with a current building permit:
- $4.70 per fixture (Bar Sink, Basin, Bath Tub, Bidet, Dishwasher, Laundry Tub, Shower, Sink, Toilet, Urinal, Automatic Washer, Drinking Fountain, Grease or Oil Interceptor, 3 Compartment Sink, Janitor Sink)
- $2.25 per item (Hot Water Tank, Rainwater Leader, Stacks)
- $2.20 per item (Floor Drain, Hub Drain, Indirect Drain)
- $6.45 per item (Backwater Valve, Building Drain, Domestic Sewage Pump)
A property owner can install his own plumbing provided that the installation is in a single family dwelling in which he or she resides.
A Licensed Plumber must be hired to do the plumbing work for buildings listed outside of the afore mentioned.