COVID-19 Update, March 26, 2020, 3:04 p.m.
Building Services has temporary measures for drop off or electronic submission of Building Permit applications. Tom Davies Square is closed to the public. Access is by appointment.
Option 1 – To schedule an appointment or for more information call 311. Residents attending Tom Davies Square for appointments will be screened, as per Public Health guidelines.
Option 2 – Electronic Submission to email@example.com
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID pandemic, information on the following pages may not be up to date. Check for further developments and business support services.
Most plumbing work requires a permit.
- Plumbing Permit Application (114 KB)
There is a minimum plumbing permit fee of $108 if not associated with a current building permit.
The following fees per fixture or item will be applied if associated with a current building permit:
- $4.70 per fixture (Bar Sink, Basin, Bath Tub, Bidet, Dishwasher, Laundry Tub, Shower, Sink, Toilet, Urinal, Automatic Washer, Drinking Fountain, Grease or Oil Interceptor, 3 Compartment Sink, Janitor Sink)
- $2.25 per item (Hot Water Tank, Rainwater Leader, Stacks)
- $2.20 per item (Floor Drain, Hub Drain, Indirect Drain)
- $6.45 per item (Backwater Valve, Building Drain, Domestic Sewage Pump)
A property owner can install his own plumbing provided that the installation is in a single family dwelling in which he or she resides.
A Licensed Plumber must be hired to do the plumbing work for buildings listed outside of the afore mentioned.