2022 Canada Day Municipal Service Schedule
Jun 30, 2022
The following is the municipal service schedule for Canada Day (July 1):
- There will be no household waste collection. Residents who normally have waste collection on Fridays will instead receive waste collection on Saturday, July 2. Place waste at the roadside no later than 7 a.m. on Saturday.
- Landfills, transfer sites and the Recycling Centre will be open.
- GOVA Transit will follow holiday routes and schedules.
- Greater Sudbury pools and fitness facilities will be closed.
- Libraries, Citizen Service Centres, Tom Davies Square and the Greater Sudbury Animal Shelter will be closed.
- 311 and Live Web Chat (311.greatersudbury.ca) will not be available. Call 311 for urgent public works, animal control or COVID-19 enforcement services. Register to submit service requests any time on the Customer Service Portal at 311.greatersudbury.ca or email email@example.com.
A Canada Day Celebration shuttle service to Science North will be provided by GOVA Transit. Buses will depart the downtown transit hub and the Southridge Mall (TSC Hardware entrance) every 30 minutes, from 11:45 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. Return trips begin after the fireworks, at approximately 10:45 p.m. Fare is $1 per person and includes the return trip. Connecting service to other parts of the city will depart from the Downtown Transit Hub. For more information, contact GOVA Transit at 705-675-3333.
Please note that City social media accounts are not monitored regularly during statutory holidays. For more information about municipal services, visit www.greatersudbury.ca or contact 311.