2021 Easter Weekend Municipal Service Schedule
Apr 1, 2021
Holiday schedules will apply to the following municipal services from Friday, April 2 to Monday, April 5, 2021.
- Roadside collection of household waste and recycling normally scheduled for Friday, April 2 will change to Saturday, April 3. Please ensure waste is at the roadside by 7 a.m. on Saturday.
- Landfills and transfer stations will close on Friday, April 2 but will open on Easter Monday, April 5. Landfills and transfer stations are closed on Sundays. Residents should be prepared for longer than usual wait times due to COVID-19 capacity limits.
- The Recycling Centre and Household Hazardous Waste Depot are closed while the city remains in the Grey Zone of the COVID-19 response framework. Residents may make an appointment with the Toxic Taxi to receive free home pickup of household hazardous waste.
- Greater Sudbury Public Libraries and Citizen Service Centres remain closed to the public. Curbside pickup is available for reserved items. Tom Davies Square is closed to walk-ins while the city remains in the Grey Zone. Appointments will not be available on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- GOVA Transit will follow holiday routes and schedules on Friday, April 2 and Sunday, April 4. Buses on Monday, April 5 will follow a Saturday/Sunday service schedule. The Saturday transit schedule is unaffected by the holiday weekend. Passengers must wear a mask while riding public transit.
- The Greater Sudbury Animal Shelter is closed to walk-ins. Residents who are interested in adopting a pet must call 311 to schedule a visit. Appointments will not be available on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- 311 and Live Web Chat at 311.greatersudbury.ca will not be available from Friday, April 2 through Monday, April 5. Call 311 for urgent public works, animal control or COVID-19 enforcement services.
For hours of operation, safety protocols and information about municipal facilities visit www.greatersudbury.ca/COVID.
For local COVID-19 information, visit www.phsd.ca/covid-19.
Please note that City social media accounts are not monitored on weekends and municipal holidays.