Reminder to Take a First Look at New Transit Routes and Schedules
Apr 18, 2019
The fourth in a series of public consultations to transform Greater Sudbury Transit into a more efficient and responsive public transit service continues to roll out across the community. Take a First Look encourages residents to review proposed new routes and schedules prior to launch of a new transit network on August 26, 2019.
Residents still have time to complete a survey that will be used to fine-tune transit routes and schedules where possible:
- Online until end of day on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca
- On paper at Greater Sudbury Public Libraries/Citizen Service Centres and at the Downtown Transit Centre until April 23, 2019.
Greater Sudbury Council approved the Greater Sudbury Transit Action Plan: Better Routes. Better Schedules. Better Service in February, 2019. Over the past month, the City of Greater Sudbury has hosted more than 20 open houses and meetings to present new routes and schedules for public feedback.
Improvements to Greater Sudbury Transit services include:
- Higher frequency and more reliable service on routes serving the highest ridership destinations.
- Revised schedules so that service can operate on time with connections at mobility hubs throughout the city.
- Better Sunday service and earlier weekday service.
- Easier to understand schedules and route information.
- Options for continuous enhancements and improvements over the next 10 years.
Information about the new Greater Sudbury Transit service is available online at overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca
The Greater Sudbury Transit Action Plan: Better Routes. Better Schedules. Better Service is made possible by the Canada-Ontario Public Transit Infrastructure Fund (PTIF).