Deadline Extended for Review of Greater Sudbury's Housing and Homelessness Plan
Apr 23, 2019
The City of Greater Sudbury has extended the deadline for a public review of its 10-Year Housing and Homelessness Plan until Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
The Government of Ontario’s Housing Services Act, 2011, mandates the review of municipal 10-Year Housing and Homelessness Plans at least once every five years to ensure that local strategies remain relevant and appropriate for the community.
The one month extension to the original deadline provides residents more opportunity to comment. Input may be provided in two ways:
- Fill out an online survey at overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca until end of day on Wednesday, May 22, 2019; or
- Submit a survey on paper at Greater Sudbury Public Libraries/Citizen Service Centres.
The purpose of the Housing and Homelessness Plan is to create a seamless system of support services through a review that:
- Understands current and future housing needs;
- Identifies gaps and challenges in providing local services and supports;
- Develops recommendations to address those gaps and challenges, and
- Creates a way to measure the impact of those recommendations.
More information about the City of Greater Sudbury’s 10-Year Housing and Homelessness Plan is available at overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca or by calling 705-674-4455, extension 4205.