Annual Water Quality Report Now Available
Mar 1, 2019
The City of Greater Sudbury's 2018 Annual Water Quality Report is available at www.greatersudbury.ca/waterquality. Residents without access to a computer can view the report at any Greater Sudbury Library or Citizen Service Centre.
The Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) requires owners of licensed water works to produce reports each year, as stipulated under the Safe Drinking Water Act. The report includes results of the latest water quality testing and a description of the current status of the City of Greater Sudbury's large municipal residential systems and independent distribution systems.
Did you know?
• The average four person family will pay about $3.26 per day for 550 litres of water used.
• 32 billion litres of wastewater is treated per month which is equivalent to 3.5 million litres an hour.
• There are over 5000 fire hydrants, and over 1,800 kilometres of water and wastewater mains within the City of Greater Sudbury.
• The City has approximately 48,000 water/wastewater customers
• The 12 wastewater treatment facilities, two water treatment facilities, 23 water supply wells, 69 sewage lift stations, 12 pumping (booster) stations and nine water storage facilities are critical in the delivery of clean drinking water to residents, and the safe and environmentally responsible disposal of wastewater.