Residents Invited to Sign Banner for Local Olympians
Feb 8, 2018
Greater Sudbury Mayor Brian Bigger and Members of Council invite residents to sign a banner supporting local athletes competing in the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea.
Local athletes include:
• Meagan Duhamel, from Lively, Figure Skating;
• Rebecca Johnston, from Sudbury, Ice Hockey;
• Devon Kershaw, from Sudbury, Cross-Country Skiing;
• Chris Del Bosco, from Sudbury, Freestyle Skiing.
“I am extremely proud of our local Olympians and I’m excited to cheer them on as they represent Canada and Greater Sudbury on the Olympic stage at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games,” said Greater Sudbury Mayor Brian Bigger. “As a community, let’s come together to showcase our hometown support for our local Olympians as they compete against the very best at the Olympic Games.”
The banner will be available for signing from February 9 to 12 at the following locations:
• February 9 at Tom Davies Square in the foyer from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• February 9 at the Sudbury Arena during the Sudbury Wolves game from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
• February 10 at Gerry McCrory Countryside arena from noon to 4 p.m.
• February 11 at T.M. Davies Community Centre and Arena from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The banner will then travel to the Olympians in PyeongChang on behalf of the City of Greater Sudbury.