City of Greater Sudbury 2018 Holiday Municipal Service Schedule
Dec 19, 2018
The 2018 holiday municipal service schedule is as follows:
- Municipal facilities will close at 2 p.m. on Monday, December 24 and Monday, December 31.
- Tom Davies Square is closed on December 25, 26, and January 1.
- Citizen Service Centres and Libraries are closed on December 25, 26 and January 1.
- The Greater Sudbury Animal Shelter is closed to the public on December 25, 26 and January 1.
Garbage and Recycling
- Garbage, recycling and organic pickup regularly scheduled for the Tuesday of Christmas Day will be delayed to Saturday, December 29. Please ensure your waste is placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on Saturday.
- Garbage, recycling and organic pickup scheduled for Boxing Day, Wednesday, December 26 is not be affected by the holiday. Please ensure your waste is at the roadside by 7 a.m. Landfill sites and the Recycling Centre are open on December 26.
- Garbage, recycling and organic pickup regularly scheduled for the Tuesday of New Year’s Day will be delayed to Saturday, January 5. Please ensure your waste is at the curb by 7 a.m. on Saturday.
- Landfill sites and the Recycling Centre are closed on December 25 and January 1.
- Natural Christmas trees will be collected and composted as part of year-round leaf and yard trimmings collection. Place the tree at the roadside no later than 7 a.m. on your regular collection day. Trees must be completely bare. Please remove all decorations, tinsel and lights. Christmas trees wrapped in plastic will not be collected.
Leisure Facilities and Programs
- Greater Sudbury fitness facilities and pools are closed on December 25, 26 and January 1, and close at 2 p.m. on December 24 and 31. Additional holiday hours vary by location. Please call to confirm times or visit www.greatersudbury.ca/leisure.
- Greater Sudbury arenas will offer free public skating during the holidays, compliments of your local Tim Hortons. Visit www.greatersudbury.ca/freeskate for schedules. For other arena programming during the holidays, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/arenas.
- Greater Sudbury Youth Centres will close for the holidays, between December 24 and January 4, reopening the week of January 7, 2019.
- Adanac and Lively Ski Hills remain closed until weather conditions permit snowmaking. Check for opening dates and hours at www.greatersudbury.ca/ski-hills. The Adanac ski shop is open for the sale of season passes between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily. The ski shop closes at 2 p.m. on December 24 and is closed December 25, 26 and January 1.
Greater Sudbury Holiday Transit Schedule:
- December 24: The last departure from the Downtown Transit Terminal is at 6:15 p.m.
- December 25: Greater Sudbury Transit does not operate on Christmas Day.
- December 26: Greater Sudbury Transit routes will follow Sunday and Holiday service schedules.
- December 31: Greater Sudbury Transit is offering a safe ride home this holiday season with extended hours and free public transit service after 10 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. TransCab hours will be extended where available to match the additional public transit schedule.
- January 1: Greater Sudbury Transit routes will follow Sunday and Holiday service schedules.•Visit www.greatersudbury.ca/transit for schedules and other information.
The Parking By-law has recently been amended to allow vehicles to park on local roadways and in municipal parking lots from 12:01 a.m. to 7 a.m. on December 25 (Christmas Day), December 26 (Boxing Day) and January 1 (New Year's Day). The change is a result of a resolution brought forward by Mayor Brian Bigger and endorsed by City Council as an initiative to help prevent impaired driving. Residents are asked to be mindful of any snow removal requirements on these nights.
Please note that City social media accounts are not monitored regularly on weekend and statutory holidays.
For information about municipal services, please visit www.greatersudbury.ca or call 311.