Motorists Advised of Higher Fines for Illegal Parking in City of Greater Sudbury
Jan 19, 2016
Motorists will pay higher fines for illegal parking on municipal roads starting this year. New rates for set fines, the first increase in more than five years, were approved during a November meeting of Greater Sudbury Council.
- Municipal parking lot and meter offences have a set fine of $25 with a $20 option if the ticket is paid within seven days.
- General parking offences have a set fine of $30 with a $25 option if the ticket is paid within seven days.
- Stopping where prohibited has a set fine of $40 with a $30 option if the ticket is paid within seven days.
- Overnight street parking between December 1 and March 31 has a set fine of $75 with a $60 option if the ticket is paid within seven days.
- Parking on a fire route has a set fine of $75 with no option for early payment.
- Parking in a designated accessible space without a permit has a set fine of $350 with no option for early payment.
Tickets for parking infractions on the street and in municipal lots are enforced under the Provincial Offences Act. Instructions for payment are printed on the back of the ticket. Fines may be paid at Citizen Service Centres, at the Provincial Offences Office, 199 Larch Street, Sudbury or online at www.greatersudbury.ca/parking
More information is available through Greater Sudbury Compliance and Enforcement Services at 705-674-4455, ext. 2320.