2016 Easter Weekend Municipal Service Schedule
Mar 21, 2016
For Immediate Release
Monday, March 21, 2016
The following municipal service schedule is in effect for Easter Weekend, from Friday, March 25 to Monday, March 28, 2016:
• Tom Davies Square will be closed from Friday, March 25 to Monday, March 28.
• All branches of the Greater Sudbury Public Library will be closed on Friday, Sunday and Monday, but will be open during regular business hours on Saturday.
• The Easter Weekend Greater Sudbury Transit schedule is as follows:
Good Friday, March 25: Buses will follow a Sunday schedule.
Saturday, March 26: Buses will follow the regular schedule.
Sunday, March 27: Buses will follow the regular schedule.
Easter Monday, March 28: Buses will follow a Saturday schedule.
• Household waste collection which regularly falls on Friday, March 25, will be changed to Saturday, March 26. Please make sure your waste is at the curb by 7 a.m. as pick-up times may vary without notice. Waste collection on Easter Monday will not be affected.
• Commercial curbside garbage and recycling collection in the Downtown Sudbury Central Business District for Good Friday, March 25, will be changed to Saturday, March 26, at 11 a.m.
• Greater Sudbury landfills and the Recycling Centre will be closed on Good Friday, but open as usual on Saturday and on Easter Monday.
• Greater Sudbury pools and fitness facilities will be closed on Friday and Monday. Hours on Saturday and Sunday vary by location. Dowling Leisure Centre, Howard Armstrong Recreation Centre, Rayside Balfour Workout Centre, R.G. Dow Pool, Nickel District Pool, and Gatchell Pool will be open regular hours on Saturday and Sunday. Onaping Pool, Capreol Millennium Resource Centre and Falconbridge Community Centre will be open on Saturday, but closed on Sunday.
For more information about municipal services, please visit www.greatersudbury.ca or call 311.
- 30 -