Holiday Municipal Service Schedule
For immediate release
Monday, December 21, 2015
The City of Greater Sudbury Holiday municipal service schedule is as follows:
• Tom Davies Square will close on December 25, 28 and January 1. Tom Davies Square will close at 2 p.m. on December 24 and December 31.
• Landfills and the Recycling Centre will close on December 25 and January 1.
Residents with garbage collection regularly scheduled for the Friday of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day will have their pickup changed to Saturday, December 26, and Saturday, January 2. Please make sure your waste is at the curb in approved containers by 7 a.m.
Natural Christmas trees will be collected and composted as part of year-round leaf and yard trimmings collection. Please remove all decorations, tinsel and lights. Place the tree at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day. Christmas trees wrapped in plastic will not be collected.
• Greater Sudbury Library branches and Citizen Service Centres will close on December 25, 26, and January 1. All library locations and Citizen Service Centres will open on December 24 and 31. Holiday hours of operation for libraries can be found at www.sudburylibraries.ca.
• Hours at municipal swimming pools and fitness facilities vary by location. Please call to confirm times or visit www.greatersudbury.ca.
• Greater Sudbury arenas will offer free public skating during the holidays, compliments of your local Tim Hortons. Please visit a Tim Hortons near you to pick up a schedule or visit www.timhortons.com. For other arena programming happening throughout the holidays, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/arenas.
• Ski hills are closed due to mild weather conditions. Please visit www.greatersudbury.ca/ski for ski hill conditions.
• The Queen’s Athletic Skating Oval and the Ramsey Lake Skate Path are closed due to mild weather. The City will issue updates as conditions change.
• Greater Sudbury Transit Schedule:
December 24, Christmas Eve: The last departure from the Downtown Transit Terminal is at 6:15 p.m. with the exception of Routes 701 Lively, 702 Azilda/Chelmsford, 703 Hanmer/Val Caron/Capreol and 103 Coniston. The Transit information line at 705-675-3333 will close at 4 p.m.
December 25, Christmas Day: Greater Sudbury Transit will not operate.
December 26, Boxing Day: Greater Sudbury Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.
December 31, New Year’s Eve: Free Transit rides will be available on New Year’s Eve from 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., with buses leaving the Downtown Transit Terminal every 60 minutes at half past the hour.
January 1, New Year’s Day: Greater Sudbury Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Route information can be found at www.greatersudbury.ca/transit.
The City of Greater Sudbury maintains a 24-hour telephone service for road, water and sewer emergencies. Call 3-1-1.
For more information about municipal services, please visit www.greatersudbury.ca.