Easter Weekend Municipal Service Schedule
Mar 31, 2015
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
The City of Greater Sudbury would like to advise residents of the following municipal service schedule on Easter Weekend, Friday, April 3 to Monday, April 6:
• Tom Davies Square will be closed from Friday to Monday.
• All branches of the Greater Sudbury Public Library will be closed on Friday, Sunday and Monday, but will be open for their regular business hours on Saturday.
• Greater Sudbury Transit buses will operate on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. The Saturday and Monday schedules are unaffected and will follow regular hours.
• Household garbage and recycling collection that regularly falls on Friday will be changed to Saturday, April 4. Garbage and recycling collection on Easter Monday will remain as scheduled.
• Greater Sudbury landfills and the Recycling Centre will be closed on Good Friday, but are open as usual on Easter Monday.
• Greater Sudbury pools and fitness facilities will be closed on Friday and Monday. Hours on Saturday and Sunday vary by location. The Easter Weekend schedules for pools and fitness facilities are as follows:
Dowling Leisure Centre, Howard Armstrong Recreation Centre, Rayside Balfour Workout Centre, R.G. Dow Pool, Nickel District Pool, and Gatchell Pool will be open for regular hours on Saturday and Sunday.
Onaping Pool, Capreol Millennium Resource Centre and Falconbridge Community Centre will be open on Saturday, but closed on Sunday.
• Easter Weekend hours for Adanac and Lively Ski Hills are as follows:
Wednesday, April 1, from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (evening only)
Thursday, April 2, from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (evening only)
Good Friday, April 3, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday, April 4, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, April 5, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Easter Monday, April 6, CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Adanac and Lively Ski Hills will officially close for the season on April 6, 2015. Capreol Ski Hill is currently closed for the season. Please be advised that hours of operation for the ski hills are dependent on weather conditions and may change without notice. Please visit www.greatersudbury.ca/ski for daily updates.
For more information about municipal services, please dial 3-1-1.
- 30 -