Be an Active Part of your Community

Jan 5, 2015

The City of Greater Sudbury benefits greatly from the involvement of local residents who help City Council make decisions about the programs and services provided to our citizens. The City is seeking residents to apply to sit on several Boards, Panels and Committees for a four-year term.

Who is eligible?

Applicants must be at least 18 years old unless indicated otherwise.

Each of the following Boards, Panels and Committees will be for a four-year term ending November 30, 2018, unless otherwise indicated and, where applicable, until their successor is appointed.

Fence Viewers
Livestock Valuers
Committee of Adjustment/Sign Variance Committee
Greater Sudbury Police Services Board
Greater Sudbury Public Library Board
Nickel District Conservation Authority
Board of Health for the Sudbury & District Health Unit

For a full list and descriptions of the Board, Panels and Committees please visit and search for 2015 Citizen Appointments.

How to Apply:

Application forms for Boards and Committees are available at the following locations:
•    Online at
•    Request by mail. Call 705-674-4455, ext. 4209
•    In person at your nearest Citizen Service Centre in Capreol, Chelmsford, Dowling, Garson, Hanmer, Lively and Sudbury or at the Office of the City Clerk, Tom Davies Square, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury.

The City Clerk's Office will include all applications on the Nominating Committee Agenda for January 27, 2015.  The appointments will be ratified by City Council at its next regular meeting.  A letter will be sent to all applicants to inform them of Council's decision.

Appointments by City of Greater Sudbury Council are based on equal opportunity and are reflective of the demographic and geographical makeup of the City of Greater Sudbury.

Deadline for applications are January, 16, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.

For more information please dial 3-1-1 or visit