The Community Advisory Committee for Homelessness Partnering Initiatives is now accepting applications.
May 29, 2014
The City of Greater Sudbury is inviting interested residents to apply for the community advisory for homelessness partnering initiatives.
The primary objectives of the committee is to assess homelessness issues and needs in the community, to receive, review and recommend community projects for funding and to review quarterly the results of approved projects.
The term of the appointment will end on March 31, 2019 and eligible applicants must reside in the City of Greater Sudbury, be a Canadian Citizen and be at least 18 years old. Citizen appointments act as volunteers and receive no remuneration.
Membership of the Committee will reflect the linguistic and cultural diversity of the community and will be comprised of citizens residing in the City of Greater Sudbury who are:
• representatives of agencies that provide emergency shelter and housing-related services
• representatives of agencies that provide mental health or addictions services
• representatives of private and non-profit housing providers
• a representative of Greater Sudbury Police Services
• a representative from the Homelessness Network
• a member of the Social Planning Council
• a member of the Aboriginal community
• a member of the Francophone community
• a member of the health sector
• individuals who have an interest in preventing homelessness in the community;
Applications are available:
• At Citizen Service Centres
Written applications and resumes may be addressed to Gail Spencer, P.O. Box 3700, Station “A”, Sudbury, ON P3A 5P5
Applications can also be faxed to 705-673-0813
All applications must be clearly labeled: Community Advisory Committee for Homelessness Partnering Initiatives.
Federal and Provincial government departments/ministries that provide resources for homelessness initiatives will be invited to recommend representatives for appointment to the Committee.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday June 13 at 4:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact the Co-ordinator of Shelters and Homelessness at 705-674-4455 extension 3805.