Municipal Council is an elected body that develops policy that is in the public interest and which affects the municipality. The role and authority of council is established under the Municipal Act.
The decisions of Council impact on how municipal services are provided to you, our citizens. Council is also the decision making body for the City of Greater Sudbury as an organization.
The Council of the City of Greater Sudbury is composed of a Mayor, who represents the City as a whole and 12 Councillors, each of whom represents a specific ward, or geographic area, of the community.
Term of Council
- Council is elected for a four year term.
- The current term of office is from November 15, 2022 to November 14, 2026.
Council's Strategic Plan
- See terms and definitions for Council and Committees.
- See By-law 2019-50, A By-law of the City of Greater Sudbury to Establish Procedures for the City of Greater Sudbury and By-law 2019-51 a By-law of the City of Greater Sudbury regarding Committees of Council and Advisory Panels.
- Find out how to present a matter of municipal business to Council or a Committee by visiting the Speak Before Council page.