Municipal Council is an elected body that develops policy that is in the public interest and which affects the municipality. The role and authority of council is established under the Municipal Act.
The decisions of Council impact on how municipal services are provided to you, our citizens. Council is also the decision making body for the City of Greater Sudbury as an organization.
The Council of the City of Greater Sudbury is composed of a Mayor, who represents the City as a whole and 12 Councillors, each of whom represents a specific ward, or geographic area, of the community.
Term of Council
- Council is elected for a four year term.
- The current term of office is from December 1, 2018 to November 14, 2022.
Council usually meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month and special meetings may be called by the Mayor or upon the request of the majority of members of Council.
- See the Council/Committee Meeting Calendar
- See current agendas and minutes
- See archived agendas and minutes
- View livestream video of Council and Committee Meetings