This Twitter account (www.twitter.com/greatersudbury) is administered by the City of Greater Sudbury ("City").
We update and monitor this account during regular business hours.
We welcome your comments and questions on Twitter. But before you post them, please make sure that you do not contain:
• the personal information or images of anyone but yourself
• any unnecessary personal information such as your address or phone number.
We will read all @replies and ensure relevant communications are passed to the appropriate people in the City. However, the City can not commit to replying individually to all messages received via Twitter. For official correspondence, please contact us by dialing 3-1-1.
Please note that being followed by @GreaterSudbury does not imply an endorsement from the City.
We are not responsible for the content of this account or site. We reserve the right to edit or remove any tweet from this page.
We are not responsible for the security of this account or site. We will not be responsible for the use or misuse by third parties of items or information posted to or submitted to this account or site.
This page is administered by the City of Greater Sudbury. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, the City recommends that you do not include the names, phone numbers or email addresses of friends, employers, or organizations in the body of your tweet. Pictures of other people should not be posted without their express consent.
Please note that by tweeting to or about @GreaterSudbury, you are consenting to the collection of your personal information by the City. This information will be collected for the purpose of obtaining feedback and learning about public views regarding City issues. The City will not disclose this information without your consent, unless required by law. For questions about the collection and use of your personal information by the City, please dial 3-1-1.
The City will monitor the @GreaterSudbury Twitter account during regular business hours. The views of participants tweeting to or about @GreaterSudbury do not necessarily represent the views of the City.
Disagreements and constructive discussions are welcome as part of the conversation. However, inappropriate, abusive, discriminatory, offensive or unlawful tweets are prohibited.
1. Will review tweets and messages to or about @GreaterSudbury, but cannot commit to replying to all tweets/messages
2. Expects replies to be relevant to the tweets they are in response to or @mentions to be relevant to the @GreaterSudbury account
3. Reserves the right to edit or remove tweets, in whole or in part, for any reason.
4. Reserves the right to block a user either temporarily or permanently for any reason, including those that:
- Express racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or threatening tweets/messages
- Are aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic in tone;
- Are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or otherwise abusive;
- Are not sent by the author and/or put forward for advertising purposes
- Are unintelligible, or otherwise inconsistent with the purposes of this Twitter account
- Are repetitive or spamming; or
- Are in any way contrary to law.
The City of Greater Sudbury does not represent or warrant that the @GreaterSudbury Twitter account and/or site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this website is free of viruses or other harmful code, nor does the City represent or warrant the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or appropriateness of the content contained on this Twitter account, or that the content is free of viruses or other harmful code.
The City and its employees, agents and independent contractors shall not be responsible or liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in connection with the @GreaterSudbury account, including its content.
Thanks to http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/about/socialMedia/twitterDisclaimer.aspx for use of this disclaimer.