Park Donations or Memorial Gifts
You can make a donation to a local park through the Parks Services Donation and Memorial Program to commemorate a special person, a momentous occasion or simply donate as a philanthropic gesture to beautify a community park.
Types of Park Donations or Memorial Gifts
- Park benches (except Bell Park location)
- Trees (hardwoods and conifers)
- Bike racks
- Picnic tables
- Sun shelters
- Sports equipment (basketball and tennis nets, soccer goals)
- Playground structures and more
- Please consult with Parks Services before making any purchases in order to ensure they adhere to safety standards.
- Parks Services will provide you with location options for your gift of choice.
- Costs for specific items will be provided to you based on the location and installment fee (if installation is required).
- Donations towards park enhancements or memorial gifts will be quoted using a cost recovery basis.
How to Make a Donation
- Complete a Parks Services Donation and Memorial Program Application (PDF, 274 KB)
- Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms are also available at Citizen Service Centre locations.
Installation, Maintenance and Replacement
- Parks Services will be responsible for all installations.
- The City of Greater Sudbury maintains ownership of all park enhancements and memorial gifts purchased through donations.
- Park enhancements and memorial gifts will be available for public use and maintained in the same manner as similar items within parks.
- If a memorial tree needs to be replaced (due to damage or other reasons) it will be replaced at no charge, if the replacement is within five years of the date the tree was originally planted.
- If you donate more than $10 you will receive a tax receipt.
- If you donate a gift and provide a receipt/invoice you will be issued a tax receipt.
- Tax receipts will be mailed to you after payment is received by Parks Services.