Elgin Street Greenway
Project #35 of the Downtown Sudbury Master Plan
A new linear park and multi-use pathway is proposed on the south-western side of Downtown Sudbury.
Running the length of Elgin Street, the Elgin Greenway will:
- provide a beautiful new face to the downtown
- buffer the downtown from the rail lands
- rejuvenate the portion of the Trans-Canada Trail that runs through the downtown and
- create a shared-use trail connecting the downtown to Ramsey Lake, the hospital and Laurentian University beyond.
It will complete the missing active transportation link between the institutional hubs in the north with the attractions in the south.
The City's contribution for Phase One (Nelson St. Bridge to Minto) of the Elgin Greenway Project was included in the 2018 Budget. The City is continuing to work with the Province and the Federal Government to secure the additional funding required
Click on image for larger view.
- View images of the full proposed project (PDF, 2.25 MB).
- View the overall concept design of the Elgin Street Greenway. (PDF, 4.17 MB)