Centennial Community Centre and Arena
COVID Update July 31, 2020
Due to the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in the community, the reopening of some City of Greater Sudbury facilities is being postponed for approximately two weeks. That includes the Gerry McCrory Countryside Sports Complex, which was scheduled to partially reopen on Monday, August 3.
Residents and sports organizations who have ice bookings at Gerry McCrory Countryside Sports Complex over the next two weeks will be contacted by Arenas staff over the coming days. Full refunds will be provided.
The City will work closely with Public Health Sudbury & Districts to monitor developments over the next two weeks. Based on the results, these facilities could open the week of August 10. An update will be provided prior to that date.
Arena not open? Contact us.
Seasonal Hours: September through March
Hours are subject to change. Closing times may vary depending on scheduling. Please contact the arena.
- Monday to Friday: open at 10 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: open at 7 a.m.
Public Skating Schedule
- View our public skating schedules and fees.
Shinny Hockey Schedule
- View our shinny hockey schedules and fees.
- Ice surface: 85 feet by 185 feet
- Seating capacity: 696
- Standing room capacity: 110
- Floor capacity: 1,200
- Four dressing rooms
- One alternate dressing room
Ice Rental Fees
- Monday to Friday: before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: before 7 a.m. and after 8 a.m.
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Last Minute Bookings
Applicable during Prime Time hours and if you book five days or less prior to your ice time.
|Age||Type of Booking||Hourly Fee|
- Call 311 (local) or 705-671-2489 (long distance)
- Call our Arenas Administration Office at 705-674-4455, extension 3450
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s a new way to register for leisure programs or book a facility. It’s easy to create an account! If you need help getting started, click here for our Frequently Asked Questions.
The French interface of our new registration system is still under development, however it is important that the City goes live with the new system as the existing registration and facility booking system is no longer supported by the vendor. Residents can still receive this service in French by calling 311 to have a French-speaking operator process bookings or registrations. The French interface will be launched in time for the fall/winter registration period.