Enhanced precautions and sanitation practices
The GOVA downtown Transit Hub waiting area has reopened to the public. The area was closed last week in response to the Province declaring a second state of emergency.
Public Health supports the re-opening. A maximum of 25 people are allowed in the building at one time to allow for social distancing. Riders are encouraged to plan ahead for their trips and dress warm. They're also reminded to protect themselves by wearing a mask and staying a safe distance from others.
- Residents are required to wear a face covering or non-medical mask when visiting any indoor City facility or when riding GOVA Transit under the authority of of the provincial Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Widespread use of face coverings by all persons decreases the spread of respiratory droplets. Certain exemptions apply.
(Updated January 24, 2021 at 12: 30 a.m.)
Extended detours can now be found on the Routes and Schedules page with the affected routes.
GOVA has implemented the following safety measures to protect our customers and employees.
- Installation of temporary plastic shields in the operator area of all buses to provide physical distance between employees and passengers boarding through the front door and using the fare box
- Enhanced cleaning of buses and regular sanitation of high touch surfaces
- Availability of personal protective equipment for transit employees
- Daily management of passenger capacity to support physical distancing