The Housing Services Section is the City of Greater Sudbury's social housing policy and program administrator. We provide support to local non-profit and co-operative housing corporations ensuring the provision of affordable quality housing for seniors, families, disabled, and households without dependents.
Our mandate is to:
- ensure the cost-effective and efficient delivery and administration of the City's social housing programs
- effectively operate the City's social housing application registry
- ensure that low income households are housed in accordance with provincial and local requirements
- monitor the local social housing market and work closely with social and affordable housing stakeholders in addressing the City's needs
- advocate with senior levels of government regarding local housing needs
- monitor local non-profit and co-operative housing providers ensuring they meet their mandates and comply with all applicable legislation, regulations and program requirements
- develop and implement local social housing policy and provide on-going policy direction, provide training and education to stakeholders, housing providers and the public with respect to the City's housing programs
- ensure the City meets its obligations under the Housing Services Act, 2011 and other applicable legislation, Local Rules, and program requirements with respect to social housing.
199 Larch St., suite 603
P.O. Box 5000 Station A
Sudbury, ON P5A 5P3
Phone: 705-674-4455 ext 4678