Lakefront properties are valued for their natural beauty. The riparian zone, the transition area found between land and water, is one of the most biologically important and diverse areas in our local ecosystems. These zones need our protection. Some ways to help promote the health of your lakefront properties can be found below:
- Join a local lake stewardship group or organize your own group.
- Learn about green gardening and lawn care for tips on how to keep our lakes clean and healthy!
- Make sure you are following our Lawn Fertilizer By-Law.
Educate yourself about lake ecology and your lake's health.
- Take part in the Canadian Lakes Loon Survey.
- Learn more about Fish Species in Greater Sudbury Lakes.
- Learn how to identify and report invasive species.