The developer, Mathieu Méa, has provided the following information about their application. For more information, visit the app's page on Google Play.
MonTransit effortlessly brings the most relevant transit information to you, including buses, ferries, subways, streetcars & trains schedules (offline & real-time), bike stations availability, service alerts & the latest news from agencies web sites, blogs, Twitter, YouTube…
This app provides Greater Sudbury Transit buses planned schedule as well as real time transit data from the MyBus API.
On the home screen, you can see all nearby route trips next departures as well as nearby bike stations availability in a predictable user interface. You can access the information any way you want by using the sliding menu (click on the icon in the upper left corner of the screen or swipe from the left edge of any screen). For example, you can use the Map screen to discover new bus stops, subway stations, train stations or bike stations or you can search for a place by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of any screen.
No Internet? GPS turned off? WiFi disabled? No problem, MonTransit offers multiple ways to find the information you're looking for:
- you can access your favorites or browse all transit information by using the sliding menu (click on the icon in the upper left corner of the screen or swipe from the left edge of any screen)
- you can enter a route number # or name, stop code # or name, street names... by clicking on the search icon in the upper right corner of any screen
- all buses, ferries, subways, streetcars & trains schedule are available offline
MonTransit lets you install the transit agencies that you want (you don't have to switch between cities & you can access all the information any time, anywhere). The buses, ferries, subways, streetcars & trains information are kept up-to-date through Google Play Store auto-updates without using your device's battery or mobile Internet data plan (3G/4G/LTE).
All the features are available for free (no paywall) but you can support the project (and hide ads) by paying a Google Play subscription (1 month free, cancel any time). You are our customers & only source of revenues.
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MonTransit
- Google+: http://gplus.to/MonTransit
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/montransit
This app is free & open-source:
More information: https://goo.gl/z2e6HP
Made with ♥ in Montreal, Canada.
- In-app purchases: required for donations (hide ads & support MonTransit)
- Location: required to show nearby transit information & show distance & compass
- Photo/Media/Files: required by Google Maps
- Other: required by Google Analytics & Google Mobile Ads (AdMob) & Google Maps
AKA: Mon Transit, MyTransit, My Transit, MonTransport, Mon Transport