Residents Invited to Apply for Advisory Panel on Future Recreational Assets in Lively/Walden Community
The City of Greater Sudbury is currently seeking residents to join the Lively Recreation Advisory Panel.
Residents interested in helping to shape the future of recreation in Lively/Walden are asked to apply to the panel no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 6, 2021.
The creation of the panel is the first step in the community engagement process following the closure of Meatbird Lake Park. The $4 million received from the sale of the land will be invested in recreation amenities in the Lively/Walden area.
Members of the panel will be asked to provide insight on how well existing community assets are contributing to quality of life and how the $4 million received from the sale of Meatbird Lake Park might best be re-invested to contribute to the future recreation needs of the Lively/Walden community. The panel will work with City staff to present recommendations to City Council for consideration.
In accordance with the Terms of Reference adopted by City Council the panel will include:
- two Lively residents who are youth (12 to 18),
- one Lively resident who is a parent/guardian (child/children under 18),
- one Lively resident who is an older adult,
- two community members from any part of Greater Sudbury,
- one member of an active Lively area neighbourhood association or community group,
- Ward 2 Councillor Michael Vagnini,
- one City of Greater Sudbury Communications staff member, and
- one City of Greater Sudbury Leisure Services staff member.
Applications can be completed and submitted online at overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca. They are also available for download at overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca or for in person pickup at the Lively Library and Citizen Service Centre.
Completed applications can be submitted through overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Lively Library and Citizen Service Centre.
Applications will be reviewed by the Nomination Committee of City Council in mid-August and Council is expected to appoint members during the same week. The advisory panel will begin meeting shortly thereafter.
For more information, visit overtoyou.greatersudbury.ca/livelywalden.