COVID-19: When to Call 311?
City of Greater Sudbury 311 Customer Service Representatives can answer questions, submit service requests, report issues or help you find alternative ways to receive services during COVID-19.
The 311 Call Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., for questions, complaints or assistance with municipal services or regulations related to COVID-19:
• Services affected by COVID-19, including closures and cancellations.
• Access to essential services during COVID-19, including options for the payment of property taxes and refunds for cancelled programs.
• Complaints of unauthorized use of closed City facilities, parks amenities and playgrounds.
• Complaints of any organized public or social gathering or event with more than five people, even when held at a private dwelling. This does not apply to a gathering of members of a single household. After hours calls that cannot wait until the next business day should be directed to the Greater Sudbury Police Service general line at 705-675-9171.
• Complaints related to the continued operation of non-essential workplaces, as mandated by the Province of Ontario. After hours calls that cannot wait until the next business day should be directed to the Greater Sudbury Police Service general line at 705-675-9171.
A list of essential workplaces is listed on the provincial website at www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces. Examples of non-essential workplaces include:
• Facilities providing indoor recreational programs
• Private schools
• Licensed child care centres
• Bars and restaurants (except those that provide takeout food or delivery)
• Theatres, including live performances of music, dance, and other arts, and those showing movies
• Concert venues
311 continues to provide information, submit service requests and report issues related to all municipal services, such as waste pickup, roads maintenance, water and wastewater, and others. Call 311, email email@example.com or visit www.greatersudbury.ca/COVID.
Other helpful contact information
911: Do you have an emergency?
911 is for emergencies. Call only if you need immediate police, fire or medical assistance.
The 911 operator will ask you questions to assess the risk of COVID-19 exposure. It is critical that you are honest. Emergency crews will still respond to your emergency if you answer yes to any of the screening questions, but they need to know what precautions to take upon arrival. Do your part to keep them safe.
Public Health Sudbury & Districts: Do you have general questions about COVID-19?
Call Public Health Sudbury & Districts at 705-522-9200
Open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with extended evening and weekend hours based on call volume. Call volume is high, so you can leave a message and someone will call you back within 24 hours (unless there are extenuating circumstances).
COVID-19 Assessment Centre: Do you have COVID-19 symptoms and think you need to be tested?
If you meet the criteria and symptoms listed, call 705-671-7373 to make an appointment at the Assessment Centre. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
The Assessment Centre is by appointment only. Walk-ins are not permitted.