City of Greater Sudbury 2019 Holiday Municipal Service Schedule
Dec 19, 2019
The 2019 holiday municipal service schedule is as follows:
• Municipal facilities will close at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 31.
• Tom Davies Square will be closed on December 25, 26, and January 1.
• Citizen Service Centres and libraries will be closed on December 25, 26 and January 1.
• The Greater Sudbury Animal Shelter will be closed to the public on December 25, 26 and January 1.
Garbage and Recycling
• Residential waste collection services regularly scheduled for the Wednesday of Christmas Day will be delayed to Saturday, December 28. Please ensure your waste is placed at the roadside by 7 a.m. on Saturday.
• Residential waste collection services regularly scheduled for Boxing Day, Thursday, December 26 is not be affected by the holiday. Please ensure your waste is at the roadside by 7 a.m. Landfill sites and the Recycling Centre are open on December 26.
• Residential waste collection services regularly scheduled for the Wednesday of New Year’s Day will be delayed to Saturday, January 4. Please ensure your waste is at the roadside by 7 a.m. on Saturday.
• Landfill sites and the Recycling Centre will be closed on December 25 and January 1.
• Natural Christmas trees will be collected and composted as part of year-round leaf and yard trimmings collection. Place the tree at the roadside no later than 7 a.m. on your regular collection day. Trees must be completely bare. Please remove all decorations, tinsel and lights. Christmas trees wrapped in plastic will not be collected.
Leisure Facilities and Programs
• Greater Sudbury fitness facilities and pools will be closed on December 25, 26 and January 1, and will close at 2 p.m. on December 24 and 31. Additional holiday hours vary by location; please call the facility to confirm times.
• Greater Sudbury arenas will offer free public skating during the holidays. Visit www.greatersudbury.ca/arenas for schedules and other arena programming during the holidays.
• Greater Sudbury Youth Centres will be closed for the holidays, between December 23 and January 3, reopening the week of January 6.
• Adanac Ski Hill will open for the 2019/2020 season on Sunday, December 22, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Watch for opening dates for Lively Ski Hill in the days to come. Hours of operation, fees and up-to-date hill conditions are available online at www.greatersudbury.ca/ski.
• The Adanac chalet closes at 2 p.m. on December 24 and is will be closed December 25 and January 1. Passes for Lively are available at the Lively Citizen Service Centre.
GOVA Transit Schedule:
• GOVA Transit schedules end earlier on Tuesday, December 24. Please visit www.greatersudbury.ca/transit to see final departure times from GOVA Transit Hubs.
• GOVA Transit does not run on Christmas Day.
• GOVA Transit will follow the Sunday service schedules on Boxing Day.
• GOVA Transit is offering a safe ride home this holiday season with extended hours and free public transit service after 10 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. GOVA Zone (formerly Trans Cab) hours will be extended where available to match the extended transit schedule. Check the details for free public transit after midnight at www.greatersudbury.ca/transit.
• GOVA Transit will follow the holiday service schedules on New Year's Day.
• Visit www.greatersudbury.ca/transit for schedules and other information.
• The Overnight Parking By-law is in effect until March 31. During this time, parking is not permitted on any roadway, highway, laneway or side street within the city, between midnight and 7 a.m. The overnight parking restriction is in place to permit effective and efficient snow removal on local roadways.
• Exemptions to the by-law are in place to allow overnight parking on local roadways and in municipal parking lots from 12:01 a.m. to 7 a.m. on December 25, December 26 and January 1. Residents are asked to be mindful of any snow removal requirements on these nights.
Please note that City social media accounts are not monitored regularly on weekend and statutory holidays.
For information about municipal services, please visit http://www.greatersudbury.ca or call 311.