Running for Office? Important Dates
These are just of a few of the important dates for 2022 Municipal and School Board Election candidates. We strongly advise you to consult the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 for further information.
Monday, May 2, 2022
- Nominations Open for Mayor, Council and School Board Trustee Candidates
Friday, August 19, 2022
- Nomination Day, last day for filing between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- A candidate who wishes to withdraw their nomination must notify the clerk in writing before 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Voters’ List available to candidates
Thursday, September 1, 2022 to Monday, October 24, 2022 (Election Day)
- Revisions period (during which voters can make changes to their information on the Voters’ List with the municipality)
Friday, October 14, 2022 to Monday, October 24, 2022
- Electronic Voting Period (24/7)
- Voting opens at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, October 15, 2022 and Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Advance Paper Ballot Voting
- Voting open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at three vote anywhere in-person paper ballot advance voting locations
Monday, October 24, 2022 - Election Day
- Electronic voting open until 8:00 p.m.
- Voting open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at 27 vote anywhere in-person paper ballot voting locations
As soon as possible after Election Day
- Official Declaration of 2022 Election Results by City Clerk
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
- Term of office commences
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- End of campaign period
- Deadline to file for extension of campaign period
Friday, March 31, 2023
- Deadline to file financial statement for period ending Tuesday, January 3, 2023 (until 2:00 p.m.)