The Planning Committee hears presentations and receives correspondence and reports from the Planning Services Division. The Committee hears and makes recommendations to Council regarding development or land-use matters.
The Planning Committee shall be responsible for the following primary objectives:
- To hear community delegations on topics related to the provision of Planning Services Division.
- To review proposals for new policies and for amendments to existing policies that pertain to the Planning Services Division.
- To conduct service level reviews, including proposed changes to existing service levels, or the introduction of new services or programs delivered by the Planning Services Division.
- To make recommendations to Council in relation to: (a) matters under the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13; (b) front-ending agreements under the Development Charges Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 27; and (c) approval authority matters under the Condominium Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 19.
- To provide recommendations on any other land-related matters including acquisition and disposition of lands, expropriations, leases, road and lane closures, and heritage designations.
- To study topics or issues referred to the Committee by Council resolution.
Chair: Councillor Robert Kirwan
Vice-Chair: Councillor Geoff McCausland
- Councillor Geoff McCausland
- Councillor Robert Kirwan
- Councillor René Lapierre
- Councillor Bill Leduc
- Councillor Joscelyne Landry-Altmann