To hear presentations and receive correspondence and reports from the Planning Services division and to make recommendations to Council regarding development or land-use matters.
- Hearing community delegations.
- Reviewing proposals for new policies and for amendments to existing policies.
- Conducting service level reviews, including proposed changes to existing service levels, or the introduction of new services or programs.
- Making recommendations to Council in relations to:
- matters under the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13;
- front-ending agreements under the Development Charges Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 27; and
- approval authority matters under the Condominium Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 19;
- Providing recommendations on any other land-related matters including acquisition and disposition of lands, expropriations, leases, road and lane closures, and heritage designations; and
- Studying topics or issues referred to the Planning Committee by Council resolution.
- Pauline Fortin, Ward 4
- René Lapierre, Ward 6 (Vice-Chair)
- Fern Cormier, Ward 10 (Chair)
- Bill Leduc, Ward 11
- Joscelyne Landry-Altmann, Ward 12
Five Members of Council.
Approximately 21 meetings per year.
Planning Committee meetings are typically be held on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 1 p.m.
In July, August and December there is only one meeting per month. The date, time and location for the July and August meetings will be designated by the Clerk.
Yes – additional compensation for the Chair of the Planning Committee as well as members other than the Chair.