To hear presentations and receive correspondence and reports from the Planning Services division and to make recommendations to Council regarding development or land-use matters.
- Hearing community delegations.
- Reviewing proposals for new policies and for amendments to existing policies.
- Conducting service level reviews, including proposed changes to existing service levels, or the introduction of new services or programs.
- Making recommendations to Council in relations to:
- matters under the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13;
- front-ending agreements under the Development Charges Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 27; and
- approval authority matters under the Condominium Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 19;
- Providing recommendations on any other land-related matters including acquisition and disposition of lands, expropriations, leases, road and lane closures, and heritage designations; and
- Studying topics or issues referred to the Planning Committee by Council resolution.
Five Members of Council.
Approximately 21 meetings per year.
Planning Committee meetings are typically be held on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 1 p.m.
In July, August and December there is only one meeting per month. The date, time and location for the July and August meetings will be designated by the Clerk.
Yes – additional compensation for the Chair of the Planning Committee as well as members other than the Chair.