Community and Emergency Services Committee
To hear presentations and receive correspondence and reports from the Community Development and Community Safety departments and to make recommendations to Council on these matters. The Community Development department includes housing, Long-Term Care/Pioneer Manor, Children and Social Services, Leisure Services and Transit. The Community Safety department consists of the following areas: Paramedic Services, Fire Services, and Emergency Management.
Activities may include:
- Hearing community delegations and presentations.
- Reviewing proposals for new policies and for amendments to existing policies.
- Sitting as the Committee of Management for Pioneer Manor under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, as amended.
- Conducting service level reviews, including proposed changes to existing service levels, or the introduction of new services or programs.
- Studying topics or issues referred to the Community and Emergency Services Committee by Council resolution.
- Pauline Fortin, Ward 4
- Mike Parent, Ward 5 (Vice-Chair)
- René Lapierre, Ward 6 (Chair)
- Natalie Labbée, Ward 7
- Al Sizer, Ward 8
- Deb McIntosh, Ward 9
A minimum of five and a maximum of seven Members of Council.
Approximately 12 meetings per year. The Community Services Committee typically meets on the third Monday of every month at 4:30 p.m.
Yes – additional compensation for the Chair of the Community and Emergency Services Committee.