Community Action Networks
Community Action Networks (CANs) bring people together to build a Healthy Community. Healthy Communities are strong and vibrant. They emerge from the collaborative efforts of citizens who care about where they live and want to make their neighbourhoods the best they can possibly be. Community Action Networks provide resources to make this happen.
The City of Greater Sudbury recognizes the following benefits in establishing and supporting Community Action Networks:
- CANs enhance the overall quality of life in Greater Sudbury’s social, environmental and economic sectors.
- CANs enable citizens to participate, appreciate, and fully understand the services offered by community organizations and groups.
- CANs help to identify community needs and establish co-operative working relationships.
- CANs promote democracy and inclusiveness by giving participants (community members, City Council, and City staff), a unique vehicle to work in harmony toward common goals.
- CANs provide a mechanism for planning at the community level by identifying the different projects with which individual Community Action Networks will be involved.
- CANS take action and implement projects and initiatives which have a positive impact on the quality of life in Greater Sudbury.
For general information about Community Action Networks, please call the City of Greater Sudbury at 311.
Community Action Networks have been formed in the following areas:
Richard L. Paquette
facebook: Capreol Can