Community Action Networks
Community Action Networks (CANs) bring people together to build a Healthy Community. Healthy Communities are strong and vibrant. They emerge from the collaborative efforts of citizens who care about where they live and want to make their neighbourhoods the best they can possibly be. Community Action Networks provide resources to make this happen.
The City of Greater Sudbury recognizes the following benefits in establishing and supporting Community Action Networks:
- CANs enhance the overall quality of life in Greater Sudbury’s social, environmental and economic sectors.
- CANs enable citizens to participate, appreciate, and fully understand the services offered by community organizations and groups.
- CANs help to identify community needs and establish co-operative working relationships.
- CANs promote democracy and inclusiveness by giving participants (community members, City Council, and City staff), a unique vehicle to work in harmony toward common goals.
- CANs provide a mechanism for planning at the community level by identifying the different projects with which individual Community Action Networks will be involved.
- CANS take action and implement projects and initiatives which have a positive impact on the quality of life in Greater Sudbury.
For general information about Community Action Networks, please call the City of Greater Sudbury at 311.
- Community Action Network Terms of Engagement,
- Community Action Network Standard Operating Procedures
Community Action Networks have been formed in the following areas:
Facebook: Azilda Community Action Network
Facebook: Capreol Can
Copper Cliff CAN
Facebook: Copper Cliff CAN
Donovan/Elm West CAN
Zachary St. Jean
Facebook: Dowling CAN Community Action Network
Flour Mill CAN
Facebook: Garson Falconbridge Community Action Network
Kingsmount-Bell Park CAN
Facebook: Levack Community Action Network (Levack CAN)
Minnow Lake- Ward 11 CAN
Onaping Falls CAN
Facebook: Onaping Falls CAN
South End CAN
Facebook: SE CAN - South End Community Action Network
Cortney St. Jean
Valley East CAN
Facebook: (VECAN) Valley East Community Action Network
Facebook: Walden Community Action Network
Ward 1 CAN
Andree-Michelle D'Aoust Messier
Facebook: Ward 1 CAN - Sudbury
Ward 8 CAN (New Sudbury East of Barry Downe)
Facebook: Ward 8 CAN
Ward 12 -New Sudbury CAN
Julie Labre and Spenser McCall (Co-Chairs)