Place des Arts is a combined project that will serve as the home base of seven founding organizations:
- the Carrefour francophone de Sudbury (1950),
- the Centre franco-ontarien de folklore (1960),
- Théâtre du Nouvel-Ontario (1971),
- Concerts La Nuit sur l’étang (1973),
- Éditions Prise de parole (1973),
- Galerie du Nouvel-Ontario (1995) and
- the Salon du livre du Grand Sudbury (2004).
These Place des Arts founding organizations work closely with diversified groups, along with both Francophone and Anglophone groups, locally and regionally, benefiting from an increase in exposure to new audiences for users.