Wedding in a City Park
Planning a Wedding in a City Park
If you would like to hold your wedding in one of Greater Sudbury's spectacular park settings, we at the City of Greater Sudbury would like to offer some tips and information for you to keep in mind that will help the process run smoothly.
Location: We offer three settings for your outdoor wedding ceremony
- William Bell Gazebo (Bell Park) - located on a hilltop near the main beach of Bell Park, overlooking the beautiful Lake Ramsey. This is the largest gazebo available.
- Katherine Bell Gazebo (Bell Park) - most popular gazebo for weddings, located between main beach of Bell Park and St. Joseph's Hospital, includes a large decked area that overhangs the shore of Lake Ramsey. This is a stunning view and setting for photos.
- Copper Cliff Gazebo (Dow Park) - located across from Bryston's On the Park, Creighton Road in Copper Cliff, this gazebo is surrounded by beautifully landscaped park area, beautiful photo setting.
Need to Know:
- Book well in advance - you will need to confirm the booking by signing a Facility Agreement and Schedule that sets out terms of usage.
- If you intend to serve food a food service permit from the Health Unit is required.
- Vendors and/or alcohol service are not permitted.
- Decorations are allowed provided they do not permanently damage the facilities.
- We suggest you have a backup venue in the event of bad weather.
- Make sure you know which gate and access road you are to use when getting to the gazebo.
- Let us know if you will be requiring electrical power.
- If you would like to have a site visit with Special Events staff, be sure to contact the Leisure Services office to set up a meeting.