Services and Permits
COVID-19 Update May 15, 2020
Earlier this month, City Council amended the Fireworks By-Law (2011 -190) to remove both Victoria Day and Canada Day as permitted days for 2020. While the fire ban is lifted, residents are still prohibited from setting off fireworks on those days this year.
We deliver the Three Pillars of Fire Protection: Fire Safety Education, Fire Prevention and Fire Response.
Fire Safety Education
- Educate our community on fire, workplace, camp, ice, water and seasonal safety.
- Minimize the chances of incidents and educate citizens on what to do in case something does.
- Conduct training on fire extinguishers, fire evacuation and other fire safety issues.
- Conduct regular fire safety inspections of all types of buildings
- Respond to and resolve citizen complaints and concerns regarding fire safety.
- Fire suppression
- Medical response
- Technical rescue
- Hazardous materials response