Park Your Vehicle and Ride Free New Year's Eve on Greater Sudbury Transit
Dec 28, 2018
The City of Greater Sudbury has recently amended its Parking By-law to allow vehicles to park on local roadways and in municipal parking lots overnight on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
The change is a result of a resolution brought forward by Mayor Brian Bigger and endorsed by City Council as an initiative to help prevent impaired driving. Residents are asked to be mindful of any snow removal requirements on these nights.
On New Year’s Eve, residents can park their vehicles and ride Greater Sudbury Transit free of charge after 10 p.m. The Transit service schedule has been extended for New Year celebrations. The following routes will depart the Downtown Transit Centre at 1:30 a.m. and 2:30 a.m.:
- Route 241 Howey/Moonlight/Shopping Centre
- Route 300 Lasalle / Madison / Cambrian
- Route 502 Regent / University / Four Corners
- Route 189 LoEllen / Copper / Four Corners
- Route 640 West End / Gatchell / Copper Cliff
- Route 147 Donovan / Kathleen / North End
- Route 103 Coniston (via the Kingsway)
- Route 303 Garson / Falconbridge (via the Kingsway & Falconbridge)
The following routes will depart the Downtown Transit Centre at 12:30 a.m. and 2:30 a.m.:
- Route 701 Lively
- Route 702 Azilda / Chelmsford
- Route 703 Hanmer / Val Caron / Capreol
TransCab hours will be extended where available to match the additional public transit schedule. Buses will follow the Sunday and holiday service schedule on January 1.