Mayor Brian Bigger meets The Province of Ontario, Learning about LPAT and Cannabis at AMO 2018
Aug 22, 2018
While attending the Association of Municipalities of Ontario Annual Conference in Ottawa, Mayor Brian Bigger has taken the opportunity to build relationships with the province of Ontario, advocate for Greater Sudbury and gather information on matters related to policy.
Over the three day conference, Mayor Bigger has met with
- The Honourable Lisa MacLeod –Minister of Children, Community & Social Services,
- Parliamentary Assistant Michael Parsa – Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- The Honourable Greg Rickford - Minister of Energy, Northern Development & Mines & Indigenous Affairs
- The Honourable Sylvia Jones – Minister of Tourism, Culture & Sport
- The Honourable Raymond Cho – Minister of Seniors & Accessibility
- Parliamentary Assistant Andrea Khanjin, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
Mayor Bigger brought forward issues important to Greater Sudbury such as roads, economic development and job creation, education, seniors issues, addressing child poverty, affordable housing and affordable energy rates. He also gained knowledge on items such as the LPAT process and policy related to cannabis, which he will be sharing with Council.
“I am incredibly proud to represent Greater Sudbury at AMO 2018. During my time, I focused on strengthening our relationships, advocating for Greater Sudbury, and gathering information. This has been very valuable for me as I am always focused on ensuring that Greater Sudbury is positioned for growth and success and that we are providing the best services for our residents”
Mayor Bigger also attended the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (FONOM) and Mayors and Regional Chairs of Ontario (MARCO)/Large Urban Mayor’s Caucus of Ontario (LUMCO) multi-delegation meetings with various provincial representatives including Minister Steve Clark and Finance Minister Vic Fedeli.
Mayor Brian Bigger was joined by Councillors Robert Kirwan and Evelyn Dutrisac at this year’s conference.
- 30 -
Office of the Mayor
City of Greater Sudbury
Phone: 705 674-4455 ext. 2517