Cooling Centres Open and Lifeguard Supervision Extended on Tuesday, Aug. 14
Aug 14, 2018
The Environment Canada heat warning continues with the forecast calling for high humidity expected through today, Aug. 14.
Lifeguard supervision will be extended at municipal beaches on Tuesday, Aug. 14. Lifeguards will be on duty until 9 p.m. Splash Pads are open daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The following Libraries and Citizen Service Centres will be available as cooling centres on Tuesday, Aug. 14. Eight branches will remain open until 5 p.m. and Capreol, Garson, Levack/Onaping, Dowling and Azilda libraries will remain open until 8 p.m. Library locations can be found at www.sudburylibraries.ca
- Main Library
- South End Library
- New Sudbury Library
- Chelmsford Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Lively Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Valley East Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Copper Cliff Library
- Coniston Library
- Capreol Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Garson Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Levack/Onaping Library (Opens at 3 p.m.)
- Dowling Library & Citizen Service Centre
- Azilda Library
The following community centres will also be open until 6 p.m.:
- McClelland Community Centre in Copper Cliff
- Centennial Community Centre in Hanmer
- T. M. Davies Community Centre in Lively
Public Health Sudbury & Districts offers information on beating the heat in apartment buildings, keeping your pets safe, doing outdoor activities in heat and smog, and keeping your children safe during hot weather. For information on these topics, please visit their website at https://www.phsd.ca.